Top 3 Best Fully Funded Scholarship For Undergraduate in 2023.
The fee structure of some universities is enough to haunt a person and keep them grounded, shattered their dreams for a degree. In today’s era of intense inflation, pursuing higher qualifications can be extremely costly which leaves almost no room for thinking about pursuing undergraduate education- especially at one’s own expense.
But what about those brilliant minds who believe that they can make a difference in the world if given the chance? Well, there is good news for such genius brains. There are organizations that are willing to give them a chance to put their intellects to the test and to prove themselves to the world by granting them scholarships.
The majority of this awards are fully funded by Foreign various foreign governments. This scholarship provide talented and motivated individuals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector, in order to contribute to sustainable development in their home countries. These awards are offered under different developmental Categories.
This various categories could be aim at promoting Science and technology for development, Strengthening health systems and capacity, Promoting global prosperity, Strengthening global peace, security, and governance, Strengthening resilience and response to crises, Access, inclusion, and opportunity.
Unfortunately, while most students have the ability to avail such opportunities, they are unaware of them. And to breed familiarity of such students with one of the best scholarship programs found in the world is this article. Ensure you give it a good read to understand all that you need to know about the top 5 fully funded scholarship programs for Undergraduate’s degrees.
Below is a list of fully funded scholarship, by fully funded; it implies that ALL or at least every basic amenities needed to study in a conducive environment are available. This also includes logistics, stipends, accommodation and health insurance.
Check out our detailed analysis of Three(3) fully funded scholarship for potential undergraduate applicants:
1. Kaist University Scholarship.
2. Japanese Government’s Scholarship Programs.
3. Korean Government’s Scholarship Program.
KAIST. This scholarship also provides monthly allowance of 350,000 KRW per month, accommodation and exemption from tuition fee.
The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) International Student Scholarship is for both undergraduate and graduate students.
Aims at supporting the internationalization of the Korean higher education for accelerated development, strengthen the international relations of the academic and research community, and to promote the good reputation and competitiveness of the KAIST University throughout the world; This fully funded scholarships are meant to attract high quality overseas students.
KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is also offered for masters studies and the scholarship will cover full tuition fee, a monthly allowance up to 800,000 KRW, one economy round trip, Korean language training fee and medical insurance.
Known famously as the MIT of Asia, KAIST remain one of the leading university in Korea that was established in 1971 with a vision to drive a research oriented university that will foster human resource development through science and technology. This vision is being pursue with rigor as KAIST is currently amongst the figure head in the community of science and technological institutions worldwide.
Also check out: Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2022 (Fully Funded)
Scholarship Overview: Below is detailed breakdown of every major information about KAIST Scholarship.
Level of Study: This Scholarship is applicable only to international Undergraduate student
Institution of Studies: All beneficiaries of the KAIST University scholarship will study within KAIST University.
Study in: South Korea
Program Duration: 8 Semesters (4 years)
Deadline: Click here to check application timeline (same as Admission Application)
Courses Offered: The following is the full list of all courses available for selection.
College of Natural Sciences
College of Life Science & Bioengineering
College of Engineering
Civil & Environmental Engineering
Bio & Brain Engineering
Industrial & Systems Engineering
Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
Materials Science & Engineering
Nuclear & Quantum Engineering
College of Business
Business and Technology Management
Another Fully Funded Scholarship: Study in Japan: Japanese Government (MEXT) Fully funded Scholarship For international Students 2022.
All beneficiaries of KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship will be provided with the following benefits:
• Full tuition fee: All beneficiaries will enjoy 8 semesters of studies without paying
• Living expenses: All beneficiaries will enjoy a stipend of 350,000 KRW per month.
• Medical Health insurance coverage.
• Airfare: All beneficiaries will enjoy one economy round trip.
• Korean language training fee: one year of free compulsory Korean language education in a designated language school, student who are unable to attend grade 3 score in TOPIK within a year are NOT eligible to proceed to the degree program.
Eligibility Criteria for KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship
Certain conditions and criteria MUST be attained t qualify for KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the requirements below:
Required Language: Applicant must provide proof of English language proficiency.
Eligible Countries: Application is accepted from applicants from countries all over the world EXCEPT applicants who hold Korean Citizenship(dual citizenship).
For Spring Semester, 2021 (EARLY only), applicant should have graduated or will graduate from high school before February 28th, 2021
For Fall Semester, 2021, candidates should have graduated or will graduate from high school by August 31st, 2021.
How to Apply for KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship?
The the following is a step by step instructions on how to apply for this scholarship.
(1) Login to the official website of the scholarship program and fill out your online application form.
(2) Pay an application fee of (USD 80 or 80,000 KRW).
(3) The scanned copies of the following documents should be uploaded to the official website. All copies must be legible, original and certified by school authorities.
i. One Recommendation Letter (Only one recommendation letter is required from either an academic advisor, homeroom teacher, or a math/science teacher, written in English or Korean language only).
ii. Secondary or Tertiary School Profile.
iii. High school or University Transcript.
iv. Standardized Official Test Report.
V. A proof of English Proficiency Test Report.
Vi. Passport or National ID.
Vii. A statement of Financial Resources.
Viii. Honors and Awards (If any).
The recommendations letter is to be submitted via online application platform. After making payment for the application fee. A link will sent to your recommender, your recommender can submit your recommendation letter online via the link before the deadline. This means you should correctly enter the email address of your recommender while filling out your online application form, a link will be sent to him/her instructing them how to proceed with their recommendation through the online process. Recommendation letter is NOT to be sent in hard copy.
Your application is considered completed when your recommender summit your recommendation letter.
If you face a problem If any challenges is encounter while uploading your documents, suggest you mail them via the following address:
Undergraduate Admissions Team, Office of Admissions, KAIST
#102, Yang Boon Soon Bld. (E16-1)
291 Daehak-ro , Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34141, Republic of Korea
Tel: (+82-42) 350-4803
(4) Submit your application.
(5) Check for the status of your final admission and scholarship.
To find out more about Korean Institute for Science and Technology University Undergraduate Scholarship, please visit the Official Website
2. Japanese Government’s Scholarship Program.
MEXT Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is available for undergraduate, masters, PhD and training studies. MEXT scholarship will cover tuition fee, accommodation, monthly living allowance and round airfare travel expenses from your country to Study in Japan.
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate or research (masters / PhD) students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program.
Just like other fully funded Scholarship coming up in 2022, it cover all expenses for the recipient.
“Recruitment for those arriving in Japan next April is made between April and May of the previous year. First screening is conducted between May and August by the Japanese Embassies or Consulates General. As the application process and specific schedule differ according to the country of your nationality, please inquire the Japanese Embassy or Consulate General in your country for details. DO NOT send any application documents directly to MEXT in Japan”.
MEXT Scholarship Coverage
MEXT Scholarship 2022 is a Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students to Study in Japan For Free. This scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
i. Allowances: Monthly Stipend Allowance, Preparatory Allowance (2021 Rate)
ii. Education Fees: Fees for the Entrance Examination, Tuition Fee at Universities will be paid by MEXT.
iii. Traveling Expenses: Transportation to Japan: MEXT will cover your Round Airfare Travel Expenses from your Country to Japan. The Airline ticket will be an Economy-class ticket for the flight.
iv. Accommodations: Residence halls for international students provided by universities.
Qualification Criteria for MEXT Scholarship 2022
To qualify for MEXT Scholarship 2022, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
Required Language: English
Eligible Countries: All world countries
Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible.
For Undergraduate Students: You must be at least 17 and under 25 years of age and have completed 12 years of school education or have completed courses in a school comparable to a high school (includes prospective graduates).
For Japanese Study Students: Applicants must be from 18 to 30 years old. Applicants must be enrolled as undergraduate students in faculties or schools which major in Japanese language or Japanese culture in a university outside Japan at the time when they come to Japan and must be enrolled in the home institution at the time when they return to their home countries.
How to Apply for MEXT Scholarship 2022?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for MEXT Scholarship 2022:
Find the Japanese Embassy or Consulate of your country from here.
Visit the website of Japanese Embassy of your country. Under the Education / Scholarship tab, you will find the MEXT scholarship.
Download the MEXT scholarship application form and fill it.
Submit the required documents (list given below) to Japanese Embassy of your country.
A written test will be conducted by the Japanese Embassy. Find examples and past questions with answers here.
After that interviews of the candidates will be conducted.
The successful candidates will be informed through email or embassy website.
Documents Required for MEXT Scholarship 2022
(1) MEXT Scholarship Application form
(2) The highest degree verified with official stamps.
Bachelors program applicants: 12 Years of Education.
(3) The highest degree Transcript verified with official stamps. (Including Grading system)
Bachelors program applicants: 12 Years of Education.
Note: If the diploma is not in English, a notarized copy of a translation in English or is
(4) Two recommendation letters: The letters of recommendation must be written by the applicant’s teachers/advisors/employers (who are able to evaluate your academic performance and research potential) in either English. (for research students)
(5) Passport Scan (if available at the time of application)
(6) Curriculum Vitae (CV) (for research students)
(8) Study plan / Statement of purpose. The study plan is written in English. Basic content shall include motivation of application, education/ research Background, and prospective study at APU. (for research students)
(9) English Language Proficiency Document: Those students whose language institute was in English can Submit English Proficiency Certificate from their Home University & they are exempted from Language Test.
(10) Academic thesis or relevant publications (for research students)
(11) Other reference documents (if applicable)
To know more about MEXT Scholarship 2022, please visit official website:official website:
3. Korean Government’s Scholarship Program.
The Global Korea scholarship Program through the Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) is aim at fostering mutual friendship between Korea and the benefiting countries.
Benefits of the Korean Government Scholarship 2022:
• A maximum of KRW 5,000,000 per semester will be provided by the KGSP Board as tuition fee.
• For every three month, KRW 800,000 will be given for paying expenses related to the language course that every recipient has to take.
• All air travel expenses of the scholarship grantee will be cover entirely by the KGSP
• A total sum of KRW 200,000 will be giving to each grantee as a settlement allowance.
• Also, KRW KRW 900,000-1,000,000 per month will be given to cover all living expenses.
• A medical insurance of KRW 20,000 monthly will be giving out.
• Applicants with sufficient proof of language proficiency will be awarded with the sum of 100,000
• Between 210,000 to KRW 240,000 (per semester) will be given as a grant for supporting the research expenses. (For students enrolled in a research-based program or as the case may be).
• In addition, for printing of dissertation/thesis, a grant of 500,000 KRW – 800,000 KRW will be provided by the KGSP Board. (For students enrolled in a research-based program or as the case may be).
• Grantees who successfully complete the scholarship degree will be given the sum of KRW 100, 000
Similar Scholarship: Hungary Government Scholarship 2022-2023 (Application Process)
Eligibility And Qualifications Criteria of KGSP 2022:
The Korean Government Scholarship Program has some important prerequisite attached to it, it is important to check out this vital requirements before proceeding with the application process, below are detailed information aspiring applicants should be mindful of:
•The applicant and his/her parents should be born in a country other than Korea.
• The applicant must not have Korean citizenship.
• Applicants must be healthy both physically and mentally to ensure their healthy stay in Korea for the entirety of their degree program.
• The undergraduate applicant must have successfully completed all of his/her education for the elementary, middle, and high school levels before arriving in Korea.
• The graduate student must have completed his/her master’s or bachelor’s before arriving.
• The applicant should have a CGPA of more than 80%. This CGPA or percentage will be from his/her last educational institution.
• The applicant must not have attended any Korean educational institution before applying and should not have attained a degree from there. (This means any bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. degree. High school education is not included).
• Applicants who have a 90% result and who presently or formerly held a KGSP grant can apply again. They can apply directly through the university or they can opt for the university track.
How to apply for the Korean KGSP Scholarships 2022?
The step by step procedure to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program is pretty easy; applicants can apply either through the embassy track or university track. The option to apply via university track does not include undergraduate applicants.
How to Apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program KGSP Via University track?
The process to apply for the South Korean KGSP scholarship through university track is to first of all, find a Korean University first that offers this scholarship, after this, all you need to do is to follow the instructions or steps by step guide by the university to submit an application for the KGSP admission.
How to Apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program KGSP Via Embassy track?
The application process via embassy track is almost the same with the university procedure:
NIIED, The Korean institute for international educational development calls the Korean Embassy in various participating countries to recommend potential candidates. Next, the students from the participating countries are called upon to apply through the embassy by submitting relevant documents as specified by the local embassy (Please contact the local embassy in your country to find out more information regarding the required documents, or check their website)
Applicants who pass the embassy and university qualifications stage will be forwarded to NIIED, this is solely for the verification of documents and confirmation that the applicant is indeed qualified. The outcome of NIIED’s evaluation will be communicates with the embassy or university of the applicant through which the final decision will know his/her status, accepted or rejected.
The scholarship committee itself doesn’t notify the students directly.
What are the Required Documents for Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) application?
The following document should be submitted to either the embassy or University (depending on which suitable track chosen by the applicants) for evaluation and assessment:
• Highest degree attained
• Transcripts of the highest degree
• Recommendation letters from the employers or the professors
• Personal statement or statement of purpose (mandatory for only masters and Ph.D. degree applicants)
• A study plan needs to be submitted by MS students
• Research proposal for Ph.D. degree applicants
• Motivational letter (for applicants of the bachelor’s program)
What is the application Deadline to apply for KGSP 2022 Scholarships?
The last date to apply for the KGSP Scholarships is February 28, 2022. However, every Korean university and embassy has its own deadline. The applicants are advised to get in touch with the Korean embassy in their home countries to know about the deadline for applying for KGSP.
Announcement released Sept. in the year prior to planned studies in Korea.
Time Frame To Recommend candidates:
October-November in the year prior to planned studies in Korea.
Results will be released January in the year of planned studies in Korea for undergraduates.
Arrival in Korea:
Late February in the year of planned studies in Korea for undergraduates
For detail information regarding the Korean Government Scholarship Program, please refer to the official website.