Hungary Government Scholarship 2022-2023
(Application Process)Opportunity to study in Hungary courtesy of the government of Hungary is here. Hungary Government Scholarship (Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship) is a fully funded scholarship to study in Hungary. The StipendiumThe Stipendium Hungaricum The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship will cover tuition fees, stipend of HUF 43,700/month, accommodation contribution of HUF 40 000/month and medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 a year/person.
In this article, will explore a step by step guide on how to apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship using the easiest and effective methods.
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for undergraduate and masters studies. This scholarship also provides monthly allowance of HUF 43,700/month, accommodation and exemption from tuition fee.
Supervised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and managed by the Tempus Public Foundation, the scholarship program started in 2013 by the government of Hungary.
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship as an initiative is based on bilateral education agreements(BEA) signed between Hungary and the governments of the applicant’s country.
Related article:Chevening Scholarship Application 2022/2023
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship is open to international students who which to pursue undergraduate and masters studies at specific universities in Hungary.
Aims at supporting the internationalization of the Hungarian higher education for accelerated development, strengthen the international relations of the academic and research community, and to promote the good reputation and competitiveness of the Hungarian higher education throughout the world; This fully funded scholarships are meant to attract high quality overseas students.
This is perhaps an open chance to start a study adventure in Hungary as Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship will cover tuition fees, stipend of HUF 43,700/month, accommodation contribution of HUF 40 000/month and medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 a year/person!
Applicants can select from pool of more than 500 full degree programmes, that covers almost all fields of studies in higher education fields at all degree levels, including part-time and doctoral programmes.
Hungary Government Scholarship Summary
Level of Study: The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship is available to Undergraduate, Masters, PhD and Non-degree applicant.
Institution(s) of Studies: Again, note that Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship grantees will study only in Hungarian Universities.
Study in: Hungary
Below is the period of studies depending on the degree type.
Bachelor’s Degree: 2-4 Years.
Master’s Degree: 1-2 Years.
One-tier master: 5-6 Years.
Doctoral Scholarships: 4 Years.
Non-degree Programs: 1 Year.
Check out Another Fully Funded Scholarship:Study in Korea | Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) 2022-2023 Online Applications Open|
What is the application Deadline for the Hungary Government Scholarship?
Application for the scholarship must be submitted on or before January 15, 2022
Offered Courses: The following lists contain all eligible study programs determined in the educational cooperation agreements in effect between Hungary and the specific Sending Partner. Full degree programs– Visit Here
Partial studies– Visit Here
Hungary Government Scholarship Coverage
Hungary Government Scholarship provides the recipient with following benefits:
• Everything related to the tuition fee of the scholarship grantee (Orientation fees, registration fees, acceptance fees and examination fees) will be exclusively taking care of.
• All Scholarship grantees will be entitle to an allowance of:
=> 43,700 is the sum-total of contributory allowance given to each Scholarship grantee to the living expenses in Hungary, that is, for 12 months a year, this amount will be given to all beneficiaries until the completion of their undergraduate studies.
=> Doctoral level: Based on current Hungarian law, the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140 000 for the first stage of education which is four (4) semesters and then HUF 180 000 for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies.
• All Scholarship grantees will be allocated to free accommodation at the hostel/residential Lodge of the University or a contribution of HUF 40 000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period will be. Any applicant who choosed not to stay in the free accommodation will be given the HUF 40,000. Any extra charges as a result of accommodation will be the sole responsibility of the beneficiary as rental costs, in bigger cities – especially in the capital city will be more expensive than the contributed amount that will be given.
• Health care services will be rendered based on Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) also, supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 a year.
What Are The Eligibility Criteria for Hungary Government Scholarship?Certain conditions must be reached to qualify for the Hungarian Government Scholarship, this condition include:• Required Language: In order to be considered or have your application evaluated, applicant should be proficient in English (for courses taught in English).
• Excellent school achievements. With good supportive documents, applicant should have excellent records in previous academic level.
• Driven by good Motivation to succeed.
• Be of Good health.
Eligible Countries for the Hungarian Government’s Scholarship Program:
The Hungary Government Scholarship as explained earlier is a bilateral educational agreements between the government of Hungary via the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary and the partner’s Ministry in charge of higher education. Hence, applications will be evaluated only if the applicant is nominated by the government of the applicant’s country.
Applicants from the following countries can summit application for full-time programmes:
Arab Republic of Egypt, Argentine Republic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Federative Republic of Brazil, Georgia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Kingdom of Morocco, Kingdom of Thailand, Kurdistan Regional Government/Iraq, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanese Republic, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Montenegro, Pacific Alliance (member states: Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru), Palestine, People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, People’s Republic of Bangladesh, People’s Republic of China (including the Hudec scholarships), Republic of Albania, Republic of Angola, Republic of Azerbaijan, Republic of Belarus, Republic of Cabo Verde, Republic of Colombia, Republic of Cuba, Republic of Ecuador, Republic of Ghana, Republic of India, Republic of Indonesia, Republic of Iraq, Republic of Kazakhstan, Republic of Kenya, Republic of Korea, Republic of Kosovo, Republic of Moldova, Republic of Paraguay, Republic of Serbia, Republic of Singapore, Republic of South Africa, Republic of the Sudan, Republic of the Philippines, Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Republic of Turkey, Republic of Uzbekistan, Republic of Yemen, Russian Federation, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, State of Eritrea, State of Israel, State of Kuwait, Syrian Arab Republic, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Tunisian Republic, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Mexican States, United Republic of Tanzania.For partial (exchange) study programmes, students can apply from the following Sending Partners: Federative Republic of Brazil, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Lebanese Republic, Mongolia, People’s Republic of China (only Hudec applicants), Republic of Albania, Republic of Belarus, Republic of India, Republic of Korea, Republic of Turkey, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Russian Federation, Syrian Arab Republic, United Mexican States.
What are the Required Documents for Hungary Government Scholarship?
• Online Application Form: Ensure that your Application forms is filled diligently in English language. Also remember to save and summit the application form.
• A recent passport photograph of the applicant (taken not earlier than 2 years before the submission of the application)
• Exchange student should clearly indicates the length (1 or 2 semesters) and start date (September of February) of the studies they apply for.
• Motivation Letter: The motivation letter should be minimum of 1 page, typed using Times New Roman font type and 12 point font size letters.
• Proof of language proficiency with their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
• Also, a scanned copy of the original proof of language proficiency, with a minimum level determined by the Host Institution and their translations. If the applicant completed his/her previous degree in a language the same as the selected study program, a proof can be uploaded indicating such.
• All academic certificates, including their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian are required too.
Bachelor level full-time programs: A scanned copy of the original secondary school graduation certificate or equivalent INCLUDING their translations.
Master-level full-time programs: A scanned copy of the original bachelor degree certificate or equivalent INCLUDING their translations.
One-tier master level full-time programs: A scanned copy of the original secondary school graduation certificate or equivalent INCLUDING their translations.
Doctoral level: scanned copy of the original master degree certificate or equivalent INCLUDING their translations.Non-Degree, Hungarian language preparatory programmes: A scanned copy of the secondary school graduation certificate INCLUDING their translations.
Non-degree, specialisation programmes: scanned copy of degree certificate required by the host institution INCLUDING their translations.
Partial (exchange) study programmes on all study levels: scanned copy of the original certificate about student status issued by the current higher education institution where the applicants is registered in AND their translations
Applicants should only include translation if and only if the copy of the original document is not in the language of the selected study programme or in English.
• Academic Transcript of all Records and its translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
• A Copy of the original transcript of all records regarding all academic semesters or school years completed during previous studies (In the highest level of education that the student have participated in) AND their translations
• Medical Certificate: Scanned copy of a medical certificate with satisfactory health condition. The certificate must be signed by a legal medical doctor and be issued not earlier than 15 November 2021 and
prove that the applicant does not have the following illnesses: Hepatitis A, B, C or any other epidemic conditions, HIV and AIDS.
• Copy of Identification Document should also be included. For Applicants with international passport, a scan copy of it should be uploaded while others without passport can upload any valid identification documents.
Acceptance Statement for Application in the online system
As the statement can only be accepted in the online system, all applicants should upload a scanned and signed copies after which applicants are to click on “accept” in order to submit their application.
Documents that are not originally written in English language
or in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian must be translated. The translations as well as copy of the original document should be submitted.
Extra Documents for Doctoral Level:
• Research Plan: Minimum 2 pages, typed using Times New Roman font type and 12 point font size letters., written in the language of the selected study programme
• Letters of Recommendation: Two signed Letters written in the language of the selected study program or in Hungarian of Recommendations. The letters should be from the applicant’s former or current academic tutors or supervisors.
Note that the two letters CANNOT be issued by the same person.
How to Apply for Hungary Government Scholarship?
Application process may vary from country to country, however the following step by step procedure can be used to apply for this scholarship:
• Find and select your chosen program.
Available study fields differ from country to country. Check the study field provided for your country at the official website or You can start an application in the DreamApply system and select the relevant study programme.
Note also that, all applicant are expected to follow up guidelines from their various countries and to summit appropriate documents to the responsible authority of their countries. Each each country will most likely have different deadlines and requirements for submitting the application material. Contact your sending partner (which can be the local Hungarian Embassy, the related ministry, council etc.) to inquire about their exact procedures.
• Register and upload your documents
Generally, all applications are processed via an online application system. (apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu). Hence, applicants can choose amongst 29 universities and colleges with a pool of more than 600 study programmes, and make only 2 choices ( Only two choicesare allowed).
Also, ensure that your chosen programmes are relevant to the field of your studies. Doctoral degree applicants should remember that they need to find a supervisor.
Applicants country’s nomination list:
The applicant’s country will nominate the best applicants by the end of February, Nominated applications will be forwarded to the chosen Hungarian higher institutions.
Hungary Government Scholarship for International Students in HUST 2022
Entrance exam at Hungarian Universities
The universities will get in touch with the nominated applicants directly to set a date and conduct the entrance exams from the middle of March until the end of May. Your exam scores must be a minimum of 56 out of 100 points for your application to be considered for the final list of scholarship awardees.
To know more about Hungary Government Scholarship, please visit official websites:
Leave a Reply