In today’s article we are going to talk about one of Korea’s highly rate universities – Sogang University. In this article we are going to discus the universities ranking, tuition fees, courses offered, admission requirements etc. Sogang University, established in 1960 by the Society of Jesus, is rooted in the religious beliefs as propagated by the Catholic Church. Since start, the institution has been in the forefront of research and liberal arts in South Korea. Even though the school lacks adequate medical facilities and has a small population of students, it is still ranked among top private schools in Korea.
Sogang has about 8,000 undergraduates and 3,581 post-graduates. Other universities affiliated with the school are Sophia University, Boston College and Anteneo de Manila University. Sogang University Current president is Park Jong-koo. The institution has 234 administrative staff.
According to the latest QS World Universities ranking, Sogang University is ranked on the #490 spot and it’s alos one of the top rated private universities in Seoul , South Korea.
Read also: Darlana University, Sweden
The institution is located in Seoul, the capital of South Korea. Many beautiful landmarks in the city are easily accessible from the campus.
Undergraduate Students $8,000 yearly
Graduate Students $12,000 yearly
SOGANG UNIVERSITY PROGRAMS
- School of Social Science
- School of Communications
- School of economics
- Sogang Business School
- School of Engineering
Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering
- School of Integrated Knowledge
Global Korean Studies (Korean Studies in English)
Arts and Technology
- School of Natural Science
- Educational Culture
- Public Leadership
- Gender Studies
- Sogang Startup Academy
- East Asian Studies
- Sports Media
- Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Samsung Convergence Software Course
- PEP (Political Science, Economics and Philosophy)
- Development of Korea and International Cooperation Development
- Korean Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- German Language and Literature
- Chinese Language and Literature
- French Language and Literature
- Life Science
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Program of Science Communication
- Program in Gender Studies
- Program in Southeast Asian Studies
- Electronic Engineering
- Religious Studies
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
- Business Administration
- Arts and Technology
- Biomedical Engineering
Professional Graduate School
- Graduate School of Theology
- Graduate School of Media
- Sogang Law School
- Graduate School of International Studies
- Sogang Business School
- Graduate School of MOT (Management of Technology)
Special Graduate Schools
- Graduate School of Public Policy
- Graduate School of Economics
- Graduates School of Information and Technology
- Graduate School of Education
- Graduate School of Mass Communication
Read also: How To Study In South Korea
- Sogang University offers admission to students whose parents are not Koreans.
- Applicants must be graduates of high school or an equal qualification.
- Undergraduates in other universities who have completed Year One are qualified to apply.
- Candidates in Third Year in other universities can apply for transfer.
- Applicants who have completed two years in a foreign university may apply to Sogang University.
COST OF LIVING IN SOUTH KOREA
|FOOD||PRICE ( South Korean Won )|
|Meal in a Cheap Restaurant||7,000.00|
|Meal for just two people||40,000.00|
|MacDonald’s Combo Meal||6,000.00|
|A Bottle of Water||799.81|
|MARKETS||PRICE ( South Korean Won )|
|A Liter of Milk||2,388.83|
|A Loaf of White Bread||2,760.64|
|A Kilogram of White Rice||4,016.32|
|A Dozen Eggs||3,356.29|
|A kilogram of Cheese||16,268.79|
|A Kilogram Boneless Chicken Breast||9,220.00|
|A kilogram of Apples||6,678.57|
|Bananas (one kilogram)||4,176.41|
|Water (a liter and half bottle)||1,214.29|
|Bottle of wine (Medium size)||17,500.00|
|Local Beer (half a liter)||2,089.47|
|Cigarette (one pack)||4,500.00|
|TRANSPORTATION||PRICE ( South Korean Won)|
|One-way Local Transport||1,250.00|
|One Hour Taxi Waiting||10,560.00|
|Volkswagen Golf or Equivalent||30,900,000.00|
|Toyota Corolla or Equivalent||27,276,666,67|
|Taxi for a kilometer||1,000.00|
|MONTHLY UTILITIES||PRICE (South Korean Won)|
|Electricity, Garbage, Water, Heating and Cooling||159,130.09|
|Prepaid Mobile Tariff||155.41|
|Unlimited Internet Access||25,442.16|
|MONTHLY HOUSE RENT||PRICE ( South Korean Won )|
|One Bedroom Apartment in the City||663,496.65|
|One Bedroom Apartment Outside the City||413,870.25|
|Three Bedroom Apartment in the City||1,580539.81|
|Three Bedroom Apartment Outside the City||983,045.42|
|CLOTHES AND SHOES||PRICE ( South Korean Won )|
|A Pair of Jeans||546,428.57|
|A Pair of Nike Running Shoes||98,461.54|
|Men Leather Business Shoes||134,222.22|
STUDENTS RESOURCES AND SERVICES
- Health Service Centre
- Library Lounge
- Souvenir Store
- On-Campus Bookstore
- Travel Agency
- Translation Center
Welcoming New Students
Sogang University organizes this yearly event to make new students feel at home by acquainting them with the fun side of campus life. Students use this opportunity to spend time together and make new friends.
Read also: Sogang University course details
Learning Events for New Students
The institution recognizes the need for adequate preparations for a successful academic life. Learning Event for New Students is organized after admission for students to discuss the way forward.
Sports Events for New Students
New students can join any sports of their choice and enjoy the time with other students. High goal scorers receive prizes as well.
Volunteer Activities for Rural Communities
Three times each year, students volunteer to help surrounding rural communities for about 10 to 11 days during summer and winter.
Sogang University is respected for the education it offers students. The location in Seoul provides one of the safest places on the planet. The blend of academic studies and religious practices is most amazing. Students testify of the hospitality of the city and the uniqueness of the campus environment.
Hope you enjoyed reading today’s article about Sogang University. If you want to study in this university, kindly follow the link provided in this article and submit an application to the university.